Quiche is a dish that is savoury where a tart can be filled with custard with vegetables, meat or cheese. It can be prepared with various seafood, vegetables or even meat you have in your fridge. My personal favorite is using frozen sausages and spinach. Kids often love it and eat spinach without any issues. But you can also include other vegetables such as carrots, beans, zucchini and mushrooms, etc. Additionally, instead of sausages, you can include chicken pieces, shrimp or even chicken pieces.
Recipe For Quiche
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Pie Crust 1. (9″ size, can be made at home, or buy from a store)
- Fresh Cream – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 5
- Grated Cheese – 1/2 cup
- Frozen Spinach (or Sauteed Spinach) – 1/2 cup
- Crushed and Salt Black Pepper – to taste
- We’ll need an nine” pie crust. I would prefer making the crust at home. I’ve published this recipe for the basic pie crust below. You can also make use of the pie crust that you buy from a store.
- Place the pie crust in an tart pan. Press it in with your fingers to ensure it’s firmly set around the edges. Because I didn’t own a tart pan I made use of a pie pan.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees C.
- Set on a piece of parchment or aluminum foil on top and add some rice or beans on the top. Blind bake for 10 minutes.
- Take the parchment paper off and add the beans that are dry. Bake the crust for 15 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Meanwhile, beat five eggs in an ice-cold bowl. Add cheese, cream and sausages, chopped spinach as well as salt, and cracked black pepper.
- Put the mixture into the crust of your pie. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until the custard mixes are set.
- Take it out of the oven, let it cool for 3-4 minutes prior to cutting it into pieces. Enjoy.