Spanish Omelette or Spanish tortillas are a popular dish of Spain and is among the most popular dishes of Spanish food culture. The dish is an egg-based omelette composed of eggs and potatoes with the option of adding onions. It is usually served warm in the form of a tapa.
Spanish Onion -1/2 (diced)
Red or yellow Peppers – 1/4 cup diced
Salt -1/2 tsp
Black Pepper -1/2 tsp
Cheddar Cheese – 2 tblsp
Oil – 2 tblsp
- The olive oil is heated in a very heated pan.
- Cut the onion in thin slices.
- Cut the potatoes into 3-millimeter long pieces.
- Cook the vegetables in olive oil at high heat for about 10 minutes, until they begin to caramelize.
- Remove the vegetables from the water and store the olive oil to use later.
- Add six eggs to an empty bowl, and whisk. Add the cooked vegetables mix, then leave to set for about 15 minutes.
- In a nonstick skillet, fry the egg mixture on high heat for one minute. Reduce to a simmer for 2-4 mins.
- The pan is covered with a dish and take care to turn the omelet onto the plates.
- Place the omelet back in the pan, and cook for another 3-4 minutes on a low heat. To ensure that the omelet is ready, lightly press the center inside of the egg. If the surface is able to spring back then it’s cooked.
- Repeat step 8 to take out the an omelet from the pan.
1.You can also add cubed potato along with onions while sauting.
2.Flip when its completely cooked on one side by checking its golden brown on the bottom.