Egg Bhurji which I’ve mentioned previously is the Indian way in making scrambled egg scrambles. It is made from eggs alone. In some cases, different vegetables are also included. This not only makes it more nutritious, but it can also make eating it enjoyable. I often make this at home because my daughter would consume the vegetable with no hassle. I’ve shared a variety of bhurji, such as asparagus bhurji , and cauliflower bhuji. This time I’d like to present Brocooli Bhurji.
I have many friends who are looking for ways to cook broccoli after learning the health benefits of broccoli. This is an intriguing method of making broccoli for people who consume eggs. It’s great with chapathi, rice , and even in sandwiches. Try it once and I bet you are definitely gonna love it.
Recipe for Broccoli Egg Bhurji
The preparation time is 10 min
Cooking duration: 15 mins
Serves: 4 people on average
- Broccoli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Eggs – 3 (beaten)
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Green Chillies – 3-4
- Salt to taste
- Pepper – taste
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves 1 Strand
- Clean the broccoli, chop it into florets. Then, chop each piece into pieces smaller. Less pieces that you cut, the more delicious the dish will taste. It is also possible to employ a food processor in order to cut it into small pieces.
- The oil is heated in a kadai and add into it the seeds of mustard, cumin curry leaves, and urad dal.
- Sauté the chopped onions and green chillies.
- As the onions begin to turn golden brown and the broccoli is chopped, add it to the onions. Add the salt you require and simmer for about a few minutes. Broccoli is cooked within 2 to 3 minutes.
- While you’re at it you break egg yolks in another bowl, and beat it with a fork.
- Incorporate the eggs that you beat to the broccoli. Add some black pepper that has been crushed. Don’t disturb the next few minutes.
- Mix everything up with a stir fry and cook for another two minutes. The eggs will be cooked and then frittered. At this point, turn off the heat.
Serving Broccoli Bhurji
- Serve this dish with rice as a dish to accompany chapatti, or as salad.
- It is also used to fill wraps or sandwiches.