Egg Curry is a savoury flavored Indian dish. It’s a spicy meal made of tomatoes, boiled eggs and fried onions. It is typically served along with bread or rotis.
Let’s jump onto the method of preparing egg curry in your kitchen!
Eggs – 1
Tomatoes – 2, Onion – 6
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
Corriander powder 2 teaspoons
Chilly powder – 1 teaspoon
Powder of Turmeric – 1/4 teaspoon
Garam masala 1/2 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves 5
Cilantro – for garnish
Oil – 2 tablespoons
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Hard boil 5 eggs. Once it’s sufficiently cool to be handled, break and take off the shell. split it in half and put the eggs aside.
2. 2.) Heat oil in a pan and then splutter spices like cumin seeds and mustard seeds, and curry leaves.
3. 3. Fry the onions and minced ginger until they are golden.
4. Add the tomatoes to the pot and cook until the tomatoes soften.
5. Add the chilly powder and turmeric garam masala, corriander powder and cook until everything is incorporated and creates a lovely paste.
6. Add more water as necessary Cover and allow the gravy to simmer.
7. Add the hardboiled eggs in the gravy, and allow it to simmer for 2 minutes.
8. Break an egg and place it in the gravy. Mix everything in with a lid and allow it to cook until it gets dense and egg has cooked. This imparts the egg’s flavor throughout the gravy.
9. Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve with rice or roti.
The coconut that is fried can be crushed into paste before adding it to the gravy with the spices to add depth.