Egg Bhurji or Indian scrambled eggs is a fast and flexible recipe that is easy and versatile. Simple egg bhurji is created by mixing eggs with caramelized onions and spices that you like. You can also add other ingredients such as tomatoes, vegetables, mushrooms or capsicum to add flavor to it.
Egg burji is usually served with toasty bread and is a very popular street food that is served in many areas in India. You can relish this easy and tasty dish during breakfast or lunch time, or even during tea time.
- Chop finely onions, tomoto the ginger root, chilli green, ginger and capsicum.
- Mixing bowl put in eggs and the required salt. Mix it.
Recipe For Capsicum Egg Bhurji
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 Persons
- Capsicum (Bell Peppers) 1/2 each (red and green, as well as yellow)
- Egg – 4
- Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1 Tbsp
- Onion – 1
- Ginger – 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
- Green chilli 2
- Capsicum / Bell pepper half (any color)
- Tomato – 2
- Salt – as per taste
- Turmeric – 1/2 Tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 Tbsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves – few
- Powder of black pepper – 1/2 Tsp(opt)
- Coriander leaves are used to garnish
Method of Preparation
- Wash the bell peppers thoroughly and chop them into small cubes. It can be made with only green capsicums or you can make it more vibrant by adding all colors. Additionally, chop the onions and cut the green chilies into fine pieces.
- Crack the eggs into an ice-cream bowl, then beat it with black pepper and salt and set it aside.
- The oil is heated in a kadai in a kadai, sprinkle curry leaves and mustard seeds. Incorporate the chopped onions and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the chopped capsicum, and some salt. Cook for two minutes. Capsicum is a great source of moisture and cooks very quickly. It tastes great as long as the capsicum stays crispy. So do not over cook.
- Distribute the capsicum evenly, and then add the eggs that have been beat over this.
- After about a minute, stir fry in a medium temperature. Cook until all moisture has evaporated. Then turn off the stove the heat and then serve right away.
- This egg-based bhurji is well with white rice as well as the chapathi and rasam.
- It is also consumed as a lighter lunch with toast.
- Include spices and other vegetables of your preference.
- Don’t over cook, even for a minute. Transfer the dish to an serving bowl as soon as the dish is cooked.
Try making this at home, and share with us your thoughts on how it worked to be for your. Comment in the comments section.
Egg Bhurji with vegetables is among the most delicious and fastest recipes for any day that is busy. I prepare it using any of the vegetables available in general. My personal favorite is one that’s made using bell peppers or capsicum. I love making this using vibrant bell peppers. It makes this dish appealing with its vibrant hues. It can be enjoyed with almost any main dish. Try it and let us know your thoughts.