Combining eggs with vegetables is a delicious treat for children to enjoy without fuss. I make this with nearly every kind of vegetable. I’ve also posted several of them on my blog.
Today I’ve shared Carrot Egg Scramble. This dish is vibrant because of the orange carrots. It’s delicious and is a wonderful combination with rice and curry. The recipe can be prepared in under 15 minutes, and is ideal for busy, and hectic weekdays. Try it, and I bet, you’re gonna love it.
Recipe For Carrot Egg Bhurji
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- Carrots 3 (grated)
- Eggs 4 eggs
- Onion 1. (finely chopped)
- Green Chilies – 4
- Salt – 3/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp
- Crushed Black Pepper – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds 1 TSP
- Curry Leaves – a handful
- Peel the carrots and cut their edges, then clean it. Grate it in a fine manner. Also chop the onions and green chilies in a fine manner. If you have children simply cut the green chilies, then add it to the former mixture. So that you can get rid of it with ease when it is cooked.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, then add salt, black pepper; crush it, beat it up and set it aside.
- In a kadai, heat oil and add the curry leaves and mustard seeds. Add the chopped onions, and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Grate the carrots Garam masala powder, some salt. Saute for another 2 to 3 minutes. Carrots cook quickly and soften.
- Incorporate the eggs that have been beated. Allow it to sit for about 1-2 minutes.
- As soon as the eggs begin cooking, mix them together. Stir fry for two minutes until the mixture is well mixed and the eggs are thoroughly cooked. This is a dry dish that’s why turn off the heat once all the moisture has gone away.
- Have this egg bhurji made of carrots with white rice and rasam, or Sambhar.
- It could be served alongside chapthi or to stuff in sandwiches.
- It is also eaten as salad at dinner, along with a slice of toast.