- Eggs – 6 (hard boiled)
- Onion 1 1/2 medium-sized (thinly cut)
- Dry red chillies 5
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves 1 Strand
- Salt is needed as
- Cilantro is a the garnish (finely chopped)
- Oil 1 Tbsp
- To boil eggs, heat water to boiling in a pan. Add the eggs, cover , and allow it to simmer for about 10 minutes. Then drain the water and rinse the eggs under cold water right away. The eggs’ shells are removed.
- The cumin seeds are dried roasted, urad Dal dry red chillies as well as curry leaves over a a couple of minutes.
- Once it has cooled, you can grind it into a fine powder.
- Cut the hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Then mix the powder with the eggs. Mix it well to ensure that all eggs are coated with the powder evenly.
- In a pan, heat oil and cook the onions thoroughly. The onions must become golden brown. It could take between 15 and 20 minutes.
- The egg halves are added along with the powder that has been coated, as well as any leftover powder into the pan.
- Dim the flame, then gently mix everything together, close the lid and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add freshly chopped cilantro. Mix again , gently, and then turn off.
- This egg masala pairs very nicely together with chapatti, pulav and white rice.